Looking for cool and easy drinks to enjoy this season? Add some herbal teas to your cocktail or non-alcoholic concoctions for a boost of joy, health, and refreshment. By using these herbal teas to your favorite cocktails and summer drinks, you can add flavorful and healthy elements that are perfect to cool you down if you're parched from the warm weather. Whatever way you choose to enjoy them, herbal infusion and tea inspired cocktails and drinks are a great way to beat the heat. So go ahead and mix up a delicious drink today – here are some of our creative and favorite recipes to get you started!
If you're a fan of cocktails and Earl Grey, then you'll love Eleanor Gin, based on our very own popular Eleanor Grey black tea with lavender and vanilla blend. If you're looking for a unique twist on your usual cocktail repertoire, we highly recommend giving the Eleanor Gin Cocktail a try. Here’s how:
- 6 ounces of cold brewed Eleanor Grey tea
- ½-1 cup of ice
- 1¼ ounces good quality gin
- 1¼ ounces honey simple syrup (5 cups water, 1 cup honey in a saucepan. Simmer until honey is dissolved)
- 1/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 sprigs of lavender
- Brew 4 cups of INA Botanicals & Tea Eleanor Grey tea (1 tbsp per cup). This will give you enough to make a few cocktails. Add ½ cup of ice. Store in the refrigerator to keep cold.
- Make a batch of honey simple syrup to store in the fridge as well. 5 cups water, 1 cup honey.
- Bring to a simmer until the honey has dissolved.
- Then cool in the fridge.
- Add all of the above ingredients into a cocktail shaker, with 2 sprigs of lavender and ice.
- Shake several times. Then strain the cocktail into a glass over one large ice cube.
- Garnish with lavender.
Jasmine + Ginger Green Mojito
A summer cocktail should be fun, refreshing and easy to make. And what could be cooler than an iced green tea mojito? This refreshing drink is loaded with antioxidants and is a stimulating summer cocktail that is sure to be a hit at your next party. So next time you're looking for something to warm you up and cool you down try this iced green tea mojito. Follow these 3-easy steps for a killer Iced Jasmine and Ginger Green Tea Mojito!
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 large spearmint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 baby arugula leaves
- 2 tsp sugar, I used raw, use your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 cup brewed INA Botanicals At the Root, Jasmine Green Tea + Ginger, chilled
- 1 oz white rum
- Muddle the lime juice, mint, arugula, and sugar together in a tall 12-14oz glass until the leaves bruise lightly and the flavors release.
- Add ice until the glass is about 3/4 full and then pour in rum and At the Root chilled tea.
- Stir well and garnish with mint and lime.
Afternoon Arnold Palmer
Looking for an invigorating mocktail? The Arnold Palmer inspired this non-alcohol concoction to help you sweeten up and cool down during the simmering, hot days. Our Afternoon Arnold Palmer is a unique twist on the classic iced tea and lemonade drink without the caffeine, so ideal for quenching your thirst.
- 1 cup lemon juice (from 4 large lemons) + extra sliced lemon for garnish
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 3 1/3 cups filtered water
- 4 cups prepared of INA Botanicals & Tea Afternoon Reset herbal tea, chilled
- 35 oz Pitcher
- Handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup water with 1/3 cup agave syrup. Bring to a boil, stir until combined, and let simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a pitcher.
- Juice the 4 lemons and transfer juice to the pitcher. Add the extra 3 cups of water to dilute the lemonade. Pour in the prepared Afternoon Reset tea and garnish with lemon slices, blueberries, and mint leaves.
- Serve over ice at your next cookout or picnic adventure!
We hope you’ve found some recipes that you’d like to try for yourself! Be sure to follow us for more delicious herbal tea recipes, ideas, and tips. Cheers!